Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mushroom by JZ

I'm not a mushroom for you to step on.

Im not a sidewalk ornament for you to hang on your tree;

or a lost soul you tossed a token jingle from your pocket bible to make yourself feel better and then go on your way; 

or a place to come on holidays to hang your glitter on me.

I'm not a dirty bum you passed without looking at-as you carry your shiny Gucci, Neiman Marcus and Saks bags.

I'm a man, who once had a wife.

I'm a woman who once had a family.

Im a child and I have a mother somewhere; and a father who left;

Who yearn for my return;

To know how life's currents sent me here;

There was a place I called my home-before this sidewalk adopted me.

So save your change me attitude, 

And spend it on your Gucci bag, your Neiman shirt and your Saks cologne; and change yourself:

For I'll be here tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow...but I'm not a mushroom for you to step on.

Click here to Reply or Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment