Friday, December 21, 2012

Merry christmas from the streets or Bah Humbug to you scrooges!

Setting alone on a sidewalk.

Weary and old

I watch them walk.

Rushing to their fancy homes.

Carrying gifts and talking on phones.

Noses in the air.

Seeing me and giving nothing but a glare.

As they walk haughtly by.

Pretending fear of the poor.

They rush to hail a Taxi Not even giving me the time.

Its the holiday season. I say.

I only have plastic they say.

Cashn is so yesterday.

Then buy me a meal? I ask.

The cold winds blow . But not as cold as their hearts.

Have alousy Xmas every one of you. I pray.

Till you wake with the desire to help one another.

Not from greed and desire for gain.

But need of another who is less fortunate than you.

Every one says Happy Holidays. Instead of merry Christmas.

Because of fear of offending a person of a different faith.

However its ok for a jew to say happy hanikah. Or a muslem to worship id.

They as the people of this nation do not worry about anyone but them selves.

Twas thew night before christmas all the Yupies wraped in their homes

Mr scrooge went by as usual. Not caring about the poor of the poor.

Thousand dollor laptop in his arms for his kid headed to collage.

I hope to only have a hamburger before everything closes for CHRISTMAS DAY.

I leave the starbucks. Asking passerby for change. No one out they all went home.

Winter winds whip the thin cloth coat. As we walk along the icy sidewalk bare of people

prusuing their seasonal passtimes. Of decorating trees and hanging lights in the windows.

Another year gone. Time passes by so quickly, as snow creeps through the hole in my shoe.

Iwander the side walk. Looking at windows lit yellow and bright.

With cheerful children inside.

At least they have a christmas tomorrow. I think to myselfe.

Setting watching the rudolp the red nosed reindeer. Frosty the snowman and such.

To sleep never to sleep on this the most exciting night. As mom and dad get the gifts out from where they are hidden . To put under the tree.

I roll out my sleeping bag and pilre on the blankets 3 or four wishing for more.

Remembering jessie died yesterday because it was too cold.

In the morning ill hopefuly find coffee. And mabey in the afternoon some christians will bring turkey sandwiches to me. And other homless.

In this town.

Our nations capitol where either you are rich of the rich or poor of the poor no middle ground it seems.\

I only ask if you see a bum think of his family. Who he misses and friends gone. Off to their homes thinking nothing I can do.

When a hot shower and a warm bed would be nice.

All year I look for work. None to be had. I make my own job. And noone wants my product.

I ask for change and all I hear is only have plastic. Or I only give to recognized charities.

Think if you walk past a bum hot chocolet would be nice. Or just asmile on your face only if you mean it.

But knowing you people in your warm homes and fancy cars wearing your gucci and brooks brothers. You don't care

well I stil wish you amery Xmas. And please visit the bear on this the lonliest day of the year.

but all you care about is being wraped in your self centered warm ass coocoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment