Saturday, July 20, 2013

RIP HELLEN THOMAS

I first met Hellen Thomas in Laffyette  park on the north side of the White house in the late 80s. as i recall  Hellen was setting talking to a protester about what to do to get rid of nuclear weapons.  she sat listening to him for about an hour. then stood up . wiping the con rete dust from her backside, said” I have to go. “
  they talked agin occassionaly.
I was freaquantly in and out of Dc. usualy  around Laffyette park.
  I would occasionaly see Hellen out on 17th around Pensylvania ave. on nice days. i knew she was having a bad day if she didn’t stop to  say hi.
i always wanted to write. i would try novels and about my life.
then about 12 years ago helen and i were talking at a coffee shop I think on H street.  i said”  I wish i could find some one to publish my writing. but I;m Just a bum. “

She looked at me . "No your not" she would say.
  then asked "Have you Blogged?
No. never really thought about it” i told her.

she gave me a couple URLS. and  soon i was posting
and belive it My first post was about Hellen Thomas.
  RIP Hellen This bum will miss your wit and advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment